Become a Member
We respect your inbox. No spam or clickbait. Unsubscribe at any time.
- Join our mailing list
- Get our Scholé Supplement newsletter
- Be notified of upcoming events, courses, and activities
Grokkist Supporter (Individual)
Support our mission. Be part of a growing community.
- Connect with other grokkists via the Grokkist Network
- Be the first to know about cool new stuff
- Member discounts on paid courses and services
- Warm and fuzzy feelings
Grokkist Supporter (Organisation)
For grokkist-friendly organisations who would love a shout-out
- All benefits of Individual Grokkist Supporter membership, plus...
- Be a featured guest on an episode of the Still Curious Podcast
- Showcase your organisation's work with a dedicated profile page on the Grokkist website
Our commercial model
Grokkist is a social enterprise, because purpose comes before profit.
But profit is important, because free is not a business model.
Meeting the needs of the market is a creative challenge that both gives us freedom to be independent and keeps us focussed on doing work that people value enough to pay for.
But access to the things we care about – education, cool people, opportunities to flourish – should be available to anyone, not just those with the ability to pay.
So we've baked radical access into our commercial model from the beginning.
We're inspired by the ‘unlocking the commons’ approach:
“The most powerful and interesting … model will remain raising money from members who don’t just permit but insist that the product be given away for free.” -Tim Carmody
That's why memberships are our most important source of funding.
Wherever it's feasible, we make what we do freely available.
Where there's a price attached, we provide simple and dignified pathways to reduced payment or fee-free access.
Know that if money is a barrier to something you want to do with us, you can always reach out at [email protected] and let us know. We'll find a way to accommodate you.
Ways to support our work
If you like what we're doing and want us to succeed, here's how you can help:
- Become a paid Grokkist Supporter (your $$ helps cover running costs and is a signal to others that what we do provides value)
- Bring a friend (warm introductions and word of mouth are our main sources of growth)
- Share your knowledge (our Network thrives on expertise, whether it's a show and tell session, workshop series or a full course)
We're also happy to explore larger partnership, collaboration and sponsorship opportunities with people and organisations who are strongly aligned with our purpose and values.
Get in touch anytime at [email protected]